Tuesday 26 October 2010

Divination Tea for Samhain

Merry Meet everyone!


Some of you will already be aware, but I have been busy over the last couple of days making my first video for the Diary of a Witch.

The primary idea was to show you how easy working with herbs in your magical work is! As I promised in the video, I am also working on producing factfiles for all of the herbs that I used for the infusion! This is an alternative drink that you can consume (maybe for Samhain?) as opposed to the Dandelion root that I posted about last week!

As a side note, this infusion is perfectly safe and legal, however, do not operate machinery for a couple of hours after drinking!




YOU WILL NEED:
  • Coffee Maker (or a mug and muslin!)
  • Hot Water
  • 1 Tsp Thyme
  • 1 Tsp Yarrow
  • 1 Tsp Mugwort
  • 1 Cinnamon Stick
  • about 4 Cloves
  • 1 Bay Leaf
  • Book of Shadows
OK, as the video shows, this couldn't be simpler - stick all of the herbs in your coffee maker, pour in hot water and steep for a minimum of 5 minutes!

When you have done this, just strain it, and drink before divination!! This drink can be a bit bitter, so you can add a touch of honey to sweeten if you would like :)

This is the first video that I have made for The Diary of a Witch, so let me know what you think and until next time, Blessed Be x

P.S - I'm having a bit of a dilemma on where to store the jars and jars of herbs I have obtained - where do you all keep yours? Comments welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Goodjob on your video ^.^
    I keep my herbs in jars and bags in a cabinet thingy. usually out of the light and heat
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your divination tea actually sounds tastier than my version, lol! I'm going to have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete